MADISON, Wis., and WASHINGTON (11/26/13)--Today is the deadline for nominations for the Credit Union National Association Board elections. Nominations are due to CUNA by 5 p.m. CT today.
CUNA also announced it has received an eighth nomination for the board. Nominated for a seat in District 2, Class B, is Dallas Bergl, president/CEO of INOVA FCU, Elkhart, Ind.
Eight CUNA Board positions are open in this year's elections. In addition to Bergl, the nominees include:
- District 1, Class A--Edwin L. Williams, president of Discovery FCU, Wyomissing, Pa.;
- District 1, Class D--William J. Mellin, president of the Credit Union Association of New York, Albany, N.Y.;
- District 2, Class D--Rick Pillow, president of the Virginia Credit Union League, Lynchburg, Va.;
- District 3, Class C: Maurice R. Smith, president of Local Government FCU, Raleigh, N.C.;
- District 4, Class A--Pat Drennen, CEO of 1st Gateway CU, Camanache, Iowa, and Geraldine Burek, president/CEO of South Division CU, Evergreen Park, Ill.; and
- District 5, Class C--Tony C. Budet, president of University FCU, Austin, Texas.
Positions up for election are:
- District 1, Class A;
- District 1, Class D;
- District 2, Class B;
- District 2, Class D;
- District 3, Class C;
- District 4, Class A;
- District 5, Class C; and
- District 6, Class B.
Nominees must be an employee or a voting board member of the nominating credit union, with the nomination seconded in writing by at least two other credit unions from the same district and class.
Nominees to be elected by leagues must be a league president and be nominated in writing by that league, with the nomination seconded in writing by at least one other league from the district.
Ballots for contested elections will be sent Dec. 2, with voting continuing through Jan. 10 and results of the elections announced Jan. 15.
Directors elected will take office upon the adjournment of CUNA's Annual General Meeting in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 24.
For more information, use the link.