Continuing to develop your understanding of financial management and the asset-liability management (ALM) process will greatly benefit your credit union. This advanced level eSchool covers a wide range of topics including financial ratios, credit, interest rate, liquidity and market risk. By...
Continuing to develop your understanding of financial management and the asset-liability management (ALM) process will greatly benefit your credit union. This advanced level eSchool covers a wide range of topics including financial ratios, credit, interest rate, liquidity and market risk. By attending, you will expand on your current knowledge to help you make the best financial decisions for your credit union.
Register early to save! CUNA Member Credit Unions save $200 when you register before September 19, 2017. Registration price after September 19, 2017 is $1,295.
This event is produced by CUNA Center for Professional Development and endorsed by CUNA CFO Council.
Who Should Attend
This eSchool is beneficial for accounting staff, financial analysts, Board of Directors, CFOs and credit union staff who are interested in learning how to manage the financial growth of the credit union.
Class 1: October 19, 2017 // 2:00-3:30 p.m. CT
Advanced Financial Ratios
- Use financial ratios to evaluate your credit union’s financial performance
- Examine each risk area to understand trends over time, interrelationships among ratios and increasing and decreasing strengths and weaknesses
- Review ratio forecasting methods given economic projections
- Understand how tools, ratios, policies, changes and decisions are linked
- Analyze how recent economic trends have altered many of your credit union’s ratios
Class 2: October 26, 2017 // 2:00-3:30 p.m. CT
Advanced Asset Liability Management
- Discover how product design and pricing affects sensitivity of cash flows to changes in interest rates
- Develop analytic tools to determine “decay rates” (deposit product sensitivity)
- Analyze “duration” (market price sensitivity)
Class 3: November 2, 2017 // 2:00-3:30 p.m. CT
Advanced Financial Management Analysis and Problem Solving
- Apply asset-liability management (GAP, NEV, earnings at risk) tools to balance sheet management
- Learn to critically review and understand balance sheet risk
Class 4: November 9, 2017 // 2:00-3:30 p.m. CT
Balance Sheet Earnings
- Review the foundations of financial management: objectives, purpose, tools, ratios and strategies for maximizing earnings
- Review reasons why financial management is critical in credit unions today given the current economic environment
- Examine modeling techniques to consider in the ALM process
Class 5: November 16, 2017 // 2:00-3:30 p.m. CT
Identify Interest Rate and Market Risks
- Identify the four elements of interest rate risk and how they affect credit union earnings and balance sheet; yield curve, basis, optionality and re-pricing risk
- Discuss how a future interest rate increase will affect the balance sheet and income statement
- Identify and manage elements of market risk
- Examine and analyze factors that affect market value and cause market risk
Class 6: November 30, 2017 // 2:00-3:30 p.m. CT
Liquidity and Funding Risk
- Learn how to identify, manage and control liquidity risk
- Understand the critical elements in operational and contingency liquidity
- Establish best practices when forecasting cash flow needs and sources
- Review external funding and asset liquidation options
Class 7: December 7, 2017 // 2:00-3:30 p.m. CT
Forecasting and Strategically Planning for Long Term Growth
- Understand the financial implications of long-term growth
- Learn to forecast net worth, ROAA, employees and facilities growth
- Develop your credit union financial road map
- Create long-term financial simulations for your credit union
Class 8: December 14, 2017 // 2:00-3:30 p.m. CT
Managing Credit Risk
- Explore credit risk and how to manage and control it
- Understand the role of credit risk while managing the balance sheet
- Become more familiar with the different types of credit risk
- Explore forecasting methods for loan delinquency and charge-offs
All live event registrations include credit union access to the recorded event. You may also purchase the recorded event separately. Click here
to see more about purchasing the recorded event.
This eSchool is available to CUNA Training Bundle users at no additional cost.