CUNA Regulatory Compliance Certification eSchool: Introduction arms you with information to gain a comprehensive understanding of the current regulatory environment. Credit union professionals of all background and skill levels will gain a solid understanding of the major regulations affecting...
CUNA Regulatory Compliance Certification eSchool: Introduction arms you with information to gain a comprehensive understanding of the current regulatory environment. Credit union professionals of all background and skill levels will gain a solid understanding of the major regulations affecting credit unions and their regulatory duties. Students will learn the important aspects of each of the regulations covered in the CUNA RegTraC books, learn how to effectively research answers to compliance questions, hear from experienced compliance officers as they share lessons learned, and be prepared to take the proctored exams to earn the Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) designation.
Students should be prepared to schedule time to complete required pre-work, attend live webinar sessions, view recorded study sessions, and set-up and take the CUCE exams with a proctor. An eSchool syllabus is available to assist students with managing the demands of the eSchool. Please note, we require four weeks for exam set up, please request exams accordingly. See the steps to proctored exam section below.
Approximately two weeks prior to the eSchool students will receive access to an online classroom and will gain access to pre-work and CUNA RegTraC downloadable PDF books.
Pre-Work is delivered in the form of pre-recorded training sessions and/or reading assignments:
- NCUA Requirements & Guidance Pre-Work (est. 80 mins.)
- Consumer Lending Regulations Pre-Work (est. 90 mins.)
- Mortgage Lending Regulations Pre-Work (est. 60 mins.)
- Deposit Account Regulations Pre-Work (est. 120 mins.)
- General Operations Regulations Pre-Work (no pre-work)
After the eSchool, students will gain access to additional recorded training:
- For New Compliance Officers: Advice from the Frontline
- Conducting Compliance Research
- Anatomy of a Federal Regulation: How to Read and Understand a Federal Regulation
IMPORTANT 2018 EXAM INFORMATION
- The 2018 proctored exam window begins February 12 and ends June 1.
- Exams can only be taken during this exam window.
- It is important to locate a proctor within your area and schedule the five exams in advance, please see deadline information below.
STEPS TO PROCTORED EXAM:
- REGISTER for Regulatory Compliance Certification eSchool: Introduction.
- LOCATE a proctor in your area (proctor must be available during exam window). For more information on proctor guidelines, please click here.
- SCHEDULE all five exam dates within the exam window: February 12 – June 1, 2018. Use this syllabus as a guide for recommended exam dates and to manage workflow.
- SUBMIT the Proctored Exam Request form no later than 4 weeks before your first scheduled exam.
- ATTEND CUNA Regulatory Compliance Certification eSchool: Introduction sessions and complete session requirements.
- TAKE the five proctored exams between February 12 – June 1, 2018.
You can earn 8 group-live credits in Auditing, 11 group-live credits in Regulatory Ethics, 4 group-live credits in Business Law and 1 group-live credit in Personal Development for this program. For more information, please contact CUNA at 800-356-9655, ext. 4249.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
TOPICS AND OBJECTIVES
Class 1: Compliance Research and NCUA Requirements & Guidance
February 6 and 8, 2018
- Gain an overview of the NCUA
- Explore federal share insurance
- Examine management issues
- Learn about field of membership
- Identify supervisory committee issues
- Learn about CUSOs
Class 2: Deposit Account Regulations
February 20 and 22, 2018
- Law of Checks – UCC 3 & 4
- Regulation CC – Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks
- Regulation E – Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Truth in Savings Act
- Regulation D – Reserve Requirements of Depository Institutions
Class 3: General Operations Regulations
March 6 and 8, 2018
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- IRS Information & Reporting
- NCUA Privacy Regulations
- Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Electronic Signatures in the Global and National Commerce Act
- Bank Bribery Act
Class 4: Consumer Lending Regulations
March 20 and 22, 2018
- Regulation Z – Truth in Lending
- Regulation B – Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- NCUA Business Lending Regulations
- Primary NCUA Lending Regulations
- UCC 9
Class 5: Mortgage Lending Regulations
April 3 and 5, 2017
- TILA as it relates to closed-end home secured loans
- Fair Housing Act
- Flood Disaster Protection Act
- Homeowner's Protection Act
- Secondary mortgage markets
All live event registrations include credit union access to the recorded event. You may also purchase the recorded event separately. Click here to see more about purchasing the recorded event.
This eSchool is available to CUNA Training Bundle users at no additional cost.
If you have further questions about the exam process, please contact email@example.com or 800-356-9655 ext 4249.