CUNA Regulatory Compliance Certification eSchool: Introduction arms you with information to gain a comprehensive understanding of the current regulatory environment. Credit union professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels will gain a solid understanding of the major regulations...
CUNA Regulatory Compliance Certification eSchool: Introduction arms you with information to gain a comprehensive understanding of the current regulatory environment. Credit union professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels will gain a solid understanding of the major regulations affecting credit unions and their regulatory duties.
- Learn from industry experts with many years of experience
- Access curriculum in small portions to promote maximum understanding
- Prepare for the CUNA Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) certification exams
Students should be prepared to schedule time to complete required pre-work, attend live webinar sessions, view recorded study sessions and set-up and take the CUCE exams with a proctor. An eSchool syllabus is available to assist students with managing the demands of the eSchool. Please note, we require four weeks for exam set up, please request exams accordingly. See the steps to proctored exam section below.
If multiple people from your credit union will certify for the CUCE Designation by attending this eschool, please do the following to ensure each designee receives credit for recertification:
- CUNA Training Bundle Subscribers - please register each individual to ensure the school or eschool is added to their transcript.
- If you do not have the CUNA Training Bundle, please contact email@example.com for assistance with registering additional participants.
Approximately two weeks prior to the eSchool students will receive access to an online classroom and will gain access to pre-work and CUNA RegTraC downloadable PDF books.
Who Should Attend
This eSchool is beneficial for compliance staff, branch managers, trainers, lenders or anyone interested in an in-depth study of the regulations affecting credit union operations, and credit union staff wanting to earn the CUNA Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) designation.
Earn your designation
To earn the Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) designation, you must complete and receive a passing grade on all five proctored exams. The designation is earned immediately upon successful completion of the final exam and requires recertification every three years to ensure your knowledge about compliance issues is current.
Learn more about selecting a proctor, schedule an exam date and complete a proctored exam request form.
The 2020 proctored exam window for this eSchool is:
• August 3- November 6, 2020
• Exams can only be taken during this exam window as tests and regulations may change
• It is important to locate a proctor within your area and schedule the five exams in advance
Steps to Proctored Exam
1. REGISTER for CUNA’s Regulatory Compliance Certification eSchool: Introduction,
2. LOCATE a proctor in your area (proctor must be available during exam window).
3. SCHEDULE all five exams within the exam windows: August 3 – November 6, 2020. View the eSchool syllabus.
4. SUBMIT the Proctored Exam Request form four weeks before your first scheduled exam.
5. ATTEND CUNA Regulatory Compliance Certification eSchool: Introduction and complete the required assignments.
6. Take the five proctored exams between the previously noted exam windows.
NCUA Requirements & Guidance Parts 1 & 2
Speaker: David Reed
Gain a thorough understanding of NCUA requirements and guidance. Key topics include:
- An overview of the NCUA
- Insight into federal share insurance
- Examination of management issues
- Understanding field of membership
- The ability to identify supervisory committee issues
- The ability to explain CUSOs
Deposit Account Regulations Parts 1 & 2
Speaker: Tyler Parker
Think you know everything there is to know about Checks, Funds Availability, Reserve Requirements and more? Think again. Ty Parker will have you looking at things in an entirely new way.
Walk away with a working knowledge of:
- The Law of Checks – UCC 3 & 4
- Regulation CC – Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks
- Regulation E – Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Truth in Savings Act
- Regulation D – Reserve Requirements of Depository Institutions
General Operations Regulations Parts 1 & 2
Speaker: Tyler Parker
These sessions offer so much to learn and digest when it comes to all things operations regulations. Tyler Parker will have you leaving with a much better understanding of all the ins and outs of the following regulations:
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- IRS Information & Reporting
- NCUA Privacy Regulations
- Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Electronic Signatures in the Global and National Commerce Act
- Bank Bribery Act
Consumer Lending Regulations Parts 1 & 2
Speakers: David Reed
Do you ever feel like you are wading through the forest in a haze when it comes to all of those consumer lending regulations? How do you keep them all straight anyway? Join us as we dive in and review those regulations that you’ll need to stay upright in this world we call consumer lending. You’ll walk away with a much better grasp of the following:
- Regulation Z – Truth in Lending
- Regulation B – Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- NCUA Business Lending Regulations
- Primary NCUA Lending Regulations
Mortgage Lending Regulations Parts 1 & 2
Speaker: Jeremy Smith
Mortgage lending regulations are important for any credit union lender to know and grasp. This is your time to ask questions and clarify the following topics and regulations:
- Fair Housing Act
- Flood Disaster Protection Act
- Homeowner's Protection Act
- Secondary mortgage markets
Recorded eSchool length: 20 hours
This eSchool is available to CUNA Training Bundle users at no additional cost.