4th Edition, Released January 2017.
Whether members need your help due to old habits or new challenges, you need to keep your skills sharp. This recertification module draws on the eight module FiCEP series to review fundamental counseling skills, refresh your knowledge of communication strategies for working with members from varied backgrounds and review your ability to deal with special conditions such as addictions and severe financial problems.
This course is part of the CUNA Financial Counseling Certification Program (FiCEP).
The eleven sections cover the following areas:
- Recognizing and Addressing Financial Needs
- Communicating with Members
- Budgets, Spending Plans and Reducing Debt
- Coping with Creditors and Bankruptcy
- Helping Members in Severe Financial Straits
- Managing Taxes and Major Expenses
- Understanding Insurance
- Getting and Handling Credit
- Money Conflicts and Special Challenges
- Savings and Investments
- Measuring Success
In the new edition, information was added about the Credit Card Act.
The Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC) designation requires recertification every three years to ensure that your knowledge about financial counseling is current.
One complimentary exam is included with this module. For information on retaking an exam, please click here.