Risk management is the direct responsibility of credit union officials. Volunteers who are involved with risk management must be concerned with all risks, insurable or not, which may affect the credit union. This course covers identifying, handling, and monitoring risks. Managing Risk also includes plans and procedures for internal controls, identifying the role of a supervisory committee and explanation of when outside assistance is required. An extensive checklist of internal credit union controls is also included.
This is a CUNA Volunteer Achievement Program course.
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Need for Internal Control
- Effective Supervisory Committees
- Use of Outside Assistance
- Annual Audit and Examination Reports
- Complete Internal Control Checklist
An optional online exam is available for this course through CUNA Professional Development Online (CPD Online) for $24.50.