As you know, technology provides many conveniences to consumers. Unfortunately, technology is also leveraged by thieves who are increasing their use of plastic cards to perpetrate fraud. In the past, this type of fraud was not very common. Today, it is a big business for criminals. Plastic cards bring simplicity to your shopping and banking, but if they fall into the wrong hands, they can create nightmares for you. This CUNA Training on Demand course describes common card fraud schemes and provides tips and information you'll use to educate and protect members.
See a preview.
See a PDF sample of the workbook.
Estimated length of course: 25 minutes
This is a CUNA Training on Demand course.
After this CUNA Training on Demand course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how plastic card fraud impacts your credit union and your members
- Identify different types of plastic card fraud
- Recognize plastic card scams such as skimming
- List techniques members can use to safeguard their credit information and prevent fraud
- Describe ways to prevent card fraud
- Verify authentic credit and debit cards
With each CUNA Training on Demand purchase, you will receive five online exams through CUNA Professional Development Online (CPD Online). Exam instructions will be provided after your order is processed.
Additional exams can be purchased for $24.50 each.