As a teller, you are responsible for handling and safeguarding thousands of dollars in cash each day. This CUNA Training on Demand course introduces useful cash-handling techniques including the importance of an organized cash drawer, methods for counting and strapping cash, the basics of balancing a cash drawer, and the typical balancing errors and how to avoid them. Additionally, this course explores internal controls and applicable federal laws that help protect the credit union and members from fraud. presentation on credit union topics.
See a preview.
See a PDF sample of the workbook.
Estimated length of course: 40 minutes
This is a CUNA Training on Demand course.
After this CUNA Training on Demand course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basics of balancing a cash draw
- Recognize typical expectations regarding drawer balancing
- Describe four reasons why tellers make mistakes that cause them to be out of balance
- Explain methods tellers can use to avoid common mistakes that affect their balance
- Recognize common types of balancing errors
- Describe techniques for finding and correcting common balancing errors
With each CUNA Training on Demand purchase, you will receive five online exams through CUNA Professional Development Online (CPD Online). Exam instructions will be provided after your order is processed.
Additional exams can be purchased for $24.50 each.