Loss Mitigation for Real Estate Loans is beneficial to both your members and credit union. For members, it prevents home foreclosure by either relieving a homeowner of a mortgage obligation, or by creating a mortgage resolution that is financially sustainable. For lenders, immediate foreclosure creates a tremendous financial burden. Loss mitigation allows lenders to take a lesser loss right now in order to avoid the much greater losses caused by such foreclosures. This CUNA Training on Demand course provides expertise on the importance of loss mitigation and how it can truly be mutually beneficial.
See a preview.
See a PDF sample of the workbook.
Estimated length of course: 45 minutes
Last updated: September 2015
This is a CUNA Training on Demand course.
In this CUNA Training on Demand course, you will learn to:
- Develop a plan for handling loan delinquencies and the workout process
- Recognize communication strategies for working with members in need
- Identify how to conduct a financial analysis on a troubled loan
- Explore workout solutions to mitigate loss
- Review the foreclosure timeline
With each CUNA Training on Demand purchase, you will receive five online exams through CUNA Professional Development Online (CPD Online). Exam instructions will be provided after your order is processed.
Additional exams can be purchased for $24.50 each.