The NCUA passed a rule that requires federal credit union volunteers to demonstrate a minimum level of competency in financial literacy. This kit offers extensive coverage of financial literacy topics for credit union volunteers. Included are all six of the CUNA Board Financial Literacy Certificate modules. By successfully passing the exams for each module, you will earn your CUNA Board Financial Literacy Certificate.
*Note: Exams must be purchased separately, see details below.
This is a CUNA Volunteer Achievement Program course.
- Basic Financial Statements
- Other Financial Reports
- Ratios and Trends
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Need for Internal Control
- Effective Supervisory Committees
- Use of Outside Assistance
- Annual Audit and Examination Reports
- Complete Internal Control Checklist
- Financial Management Overview
- Components of Asset-Liability Management
This module contains 6 print courses:
- V02 Financial Reports for Volunteers
- V03 Managing Risk for Volunteers
- V409 Financial Management
- V415 Asset-Liability Management for Directors
- V305 The Basics of Risk Assessment for Volunteers
- V428 Understanding Audit Reports
An optional online exam is available for this course through CUNA Professional Development Online (CPD Online). Additional exams can be purchased for $24.50 each.