Credit Union Business Development Professional (CUBDP) Designation
Become an established development resource at your credit union
Join the early ranks of those earning their CUNA Credit Union Business Development Professional (CUBDP) designation by attending the business track of CUNA Marketing & Business Development Certification Schools and passing a comprehensive exam at the end of the course. This designation is a great way to let others know you are a professional who has successfully demonstrated knowledge of the most pertinent aspects of being a credit union business developer.
Curriculum and testing will focus on the following core competencies:
- Engaging Internal Stakeholders
- Business Development Strategy
- Determining Target Markets
- Building a Pipeline
- Member Recruitment and Retention
- Sales Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Metrics and Tracking
- Community & SEG Events
- Engaging SEGS & Community Partners
- Understanding Financials
- Social Media for Business Development
There are two requirements:
- Attend the Business Development track at CUNA Marketing & Business Development Certification Schools.
- Pass the corresponding exam which is administered onsite at the end of the program. A laptop or tablet is required to take the exam.
Dates and more information will be posted here as they become available. If you have questions about earning this designation, please call 800-356-9655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your CUBDP certification will be valid for three years. To maintain your designation, you can recertify in one of three ways:
- Attend CUNA Digital Marketing School.
- Attend CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council's annual conference.
- Attend the Marketing track(s) at the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Certification Schools. By doing so, you'll both recertify for your CUBDP, and have the opportunity to earn another designation - Credit Union Certified Marketing Executive (CUCME). Please note that the road to the CUCME is a three-year commitment.
To self-report your recertification, login at cuna.org, go to My CUNA, then to My Designations.
Dates and more information will be posted here as they become available. If you have questions about recertifying this designation, please call 800-356-9655 or email email@example.com for assistance.
As a credit union business development professional, what is the benefit of this designation?
The content is based on competencies that have been proven to help credit union business developers be successful at their jobs. Coming to the school will test your understanding of the competencies.
What is a passing grade?
All exams are 60 questions in a multiple-choice format. A passing grade is considered 70% or higher. The instructors are actively involved in reviewing the materials with you throughout the week to successfully prepare you to take the test.
What happens if I don't pass a test?
In the event you do not pass a test, you will be able to retake the exam at a later date with a designated proctor. Click here and expand “Choose ProctorU” for details about exam retakes.