FiCEP is designed for credit union staff who work in the financial counseling, collections and loan departments, or any other staff members who are committed to helping members gain control of their financial future.
Through FiCEP training you will discover the:
- Three types of counseling options: remedial, preventive and productive
- Myths and truths about money
- First steps in counseling a member and analyzing their financial condition
- Systematic plan for spending, bill-paying and saving that reduces debt
- Importance of encouraging members to review their credit report on an annual basis
- Ability to "enter the member's world" and connect the impact of their perceptions to their financial well-being
- Six-step process can help your endeavors by building a strong counseling relationship
The Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC) designation is earned by passing two proctored exams. The designation requires recertification every three years. Learn more about proctored exams.