Credit Union Enterprise Risk Management Expert (CUERME) Designation
Become the risk strategy expert at your credit union
The CUNA Credit Union Enterprise Risk Management Expert (CUERME) designation showcases your expertise in credit union risk management. Join a community of more than 400 individuals who have earned their CUERME designations.
Top reasons to earn your CUERME designation:
- Showcase your expertise in credit union risk management
- Participate in credit union specific ERM training
- Learn how to identify, assess and respond to risk while identifying new opportunities for growth
The curriculum offers credit union-specific ERM training taught by ERM experts at Rochdale. Passing the certification exam and becoming a CUERME demonstrates your knowledge in enterprise risk management, a business discipline that enables organizations to identify, assess and respond to risk while identifying new opportunities for growth.
- Register for CUNA Enterprise Risk Management Certification School (summer) or CUNA Enterprise Risk Management Certification School (winter)
- Attend CUNA Enterprise Risk Management Certification School
- Take the CUERME certification exam at the school. CUNA will take care of all exam logistics.
This certification is beneficial for CEOs, CFOs, CROs, risk officers, compliance and audit staff, CUCE and BSACS designees.
The Credit Union Enterprise Risk Management Expert (CUERME) designation requires recertification every three years to ensure that your knowledge about credit union risk management is current. Get recertified by attending one of the following events: CUNA Compliance & Risk Council Conference (formally CUNA Governance, Risk Management & Compliance Leadership Conference) or CUNA Advanced ERM eSchool. Attendance fulfills the recertification requirement.
To self-report your recertification, login at cuna.org, go to My CUNA, then to My Designations.
Dates and more information will be posted here as they become available. If you have questions about recertifying this designation, please call 800-356-9655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.